Veritude is looking for an Oracle Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Smithfield, RI.
Our database developer has a combination of technical skills, communication skills and business knowledge. The developer will be able to take oral and written business requirements and develop efficient code to meet deliverables.
- Participate in the development, enhancement and maintenance of database applications both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Drives stored procedure design for projects
- Create SQL database packages and procedures
- Designs batch cycle procedures on major projects using Unix shell scripting and Control M
- Performs functional analysis for major projects supporting several corporate initiatives
- Acts as an expert technical resource across functional organizations and monitors performance of project plans
- Works with IT partners and user community for project definition
- Works on multiple platforms and multiple projects
- Performs independent technical analysis on complex projects.
- Performs code and unit testing for complex scope modules, and projects
- Works on multiple projects concurrently
- Acts as a technical resource for others
- Important: Must participate in rotating production support activities
- Five to eight years of experience in database development (primary focus is Oracle)
- Solid PL/SQL programming skills
- Experience in the following areas - UNIX Shell Scripting, Netezza, and Informatica ETL.
- Comprehensive experience with database systems and related software
- Experience with Control M (or similar job scheduling AutoSys)
- Ability to read and interpret physical data models
- Solid knowledge of DBMS optimizer and performance tuning techniques
- Ability to translate requirement documents into DBMS language
- Experience with regression testing and stored procedure development
- Good communications skills in addition to being a team player
- Experience working with off-shore environments and Financial Services will be a plus