What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeldman/2018/04/10/pizza-unchained-tech-startup-slice-helps-local-pizzerias-get-online-and-fight-back-against-dominos/#7058d5a11263 ), our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apple’s App of the Day ( https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn: li: activity: 6388024479095750656 )?
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food — it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, and culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom and pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, and live your best slice life.
We’re growing our family every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team!
As the HR & Recruitment Coordinator at Slice, you will own the candidate interview experience and actively build talent pipelines for all roles across Slice. The right person for this role is a self-starter who is highly organized and successfully manages competing priorities. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and enjoys solving problems, making others feel welcome and operating from a continuous improvement lens, then this is a great role for you.
What you’ll do:
What We're Looking For:
- Manage the candidate interview experience
- Schedule a high volume of phone and in-person interviews through our Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Schedule interview debriefs and ensures timely collection of interview feedback forms
- Maintain accurate reporting within our ATS and internal tools
- Identify and engage passive talent to help drive our growth and expansion across all teams
- Assist with evaluation and implementation of new sourcing tools and procedures
- Build and maintain strong relationships and excellent professional communication with candidates, People Ops colleagues, and Hiring Managers
- Work on other people operations related projects as needed
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2+ years experience in a coordinator or administrator capacity
- Experience working with an ATS (Greenhouse preferred)
- Experience working in an HR capacity and a basic understanding of HR best practices and ethics
- Expert Email and Phone Communication
- Superb attention to detail and proactive follow up skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starting problem solver who loves to take initiative
- Ability to learn fast and offer ideas and input
- Startup industry experience is a plus
- Competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with an employer match. (because you’re worth it!).
- Full benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance to make staying healthy easy cheesy.
- Unlimited paid vacation (yep!). You’re an adult and life is busy. We trust you to get things done.
- $25 towards Slice every week, so you can throw your very own pizza parties (public or personal, we don’t judge).
- Flexible work arrangements, because a life/work balance is important and this is the 21st century. Work how you work best!
- Discounted gym memberships, so you can work up a sweat in between pizza snacking.
- Weekly happy hours which are great for mingling with the Slice family or brushing up on your mixology.
- Weekly catered pizza lunches! Come on, you knew there was going to be pizza. But did you know it was gonna be weekly?
- Fully stocked kitchen featuring a plethora of snacks, coffees, teas, treats, (and likely leftover pizza) — a true bounty of delights.
- Quarterly company outings and events. Dress fancy and celebrate your successes with pinkies up! (And pizza. There will be pizza.)
- Great office space located in the Flatiron District of NYC, steps away from Union Square and most train lines.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.