Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Assistant Vice President of Construction oversees all construction projects. The AVP provides direction, planning and administration of the day-to-day operations of all Nuvance Health facilities. This includes, space administration, construction management, renovations, physical plant management, architectural and engineering services. In collaboration with the Vice President – Chief Construction Officer this position provides leadership in the implementation and execution of Nuvance Health Master Plan, while leading the development and implementation of major construction and renovation projects.
1. Directs the planning, design, and construction of all facility renovation and expansion programs, including construction and alterations to existing spaces, capital improvements and construction of new buildings.
2. Manages the program planning design approval, permitting and construction phases; responsible for the timing, cost and quality of all projects.
3. Responsible for developing ongoing construction work plan and schedules which reflects strategic initiatives.
4. Manages major repairs, renovations and construction; coordinates related activities with state and local jurisdictions; serves as professional liaison with selected architects, engineers and contractors.
5. Oversees project engineering and architectural design services to ensure construction standards and project requirements are achieved.
6. Responsible for meeting all regulatory requirement codes including J.C.A.H.O., Department of Health, OSHA, Municipal, National Fire Protection Association, etc.
7. Operational responsibilities include oversight of all buildings and grounds.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Master’s degree preferred in architecture, construction management, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in the area of construction management.
- Previous experience working in healthcare setting preferred.
- Prior experience managing large projects exceeding $100 million
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership in complex construction projects required.
- Demonstrated competency in architecture and engineering disciplines required.
- Strong project and time management skills and demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines required.
- Knowledgeable of best practices in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) design required.
- Experience with furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FFE), and technical healthcare equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to assume direct accountability for operations of a growing company, and the ability to lead and motivate people to achieve agreed-upon results.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local standards and codes and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Experience in multisite operations.