FACULTY PRACTICE PLAN
JOB TITLE : PRACTICE RN
REPORTS TO :
POSITION Provides nursing care to patients in a professional and courteous manner. Carries
SUMMARY out Physician orders including, but not limited to, assisting with procedures, administering injections, performing phlebotomy, taking patient calls, cleaning and stocking exam rooms, calling in prescriptions, coordinating supply levels, pre- certifying patients medical services and assisting with other day-to-day operations of the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES * 1. Performs patient vital signs, ECG and other required tests, record patient history, obtain accurate medication list and any information the physician may request to enable him/her to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
* 2. Explains normal and abnormal test/lab results to patients and their significant others.
* 3. Educates patient regarding medications, invasive and non-invasive procedures.
* 4. Serves as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff.
* 5. Communicates with patients, visiting nurses and other physician offices.
* 6. Schedules and processes paperwork for patient tests, cardiac catheterizations and other invasive procedures, labs, device procedures or office appointments. Calls in prescriptions. Arranges hospital admissions.
* 7. Priorities medical/emergency phone calls; handles according to office protocol.
* 8. Ensure exam rooms are clean, stocked appropriately and ready for next patient; ensure equipment is clean/sterile and in working order.
* 9. May schedule other clinical staff.
10. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
REQUIRED Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, required. Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE AND in Nursing, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York
- BCLS, required. ACLS, preferred.
- Prior physician practice experience, preferred.
Department Head Signature Date
Human Resources Signature Date
Page 1 of 1
CD: 12/09 (BG); 6/10 (AC)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $91,520.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
Masks and precautions are required in all Ambulatory Practices.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Armonk, NY 10504: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Phlebotomy: 1 year (Required)
- RN License (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- ACLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person