Aetion ( https://www.aetion.com/ ) is a science-driven healthcare analytics company working with providers, health systems, medical product manufacturers, and other healthcare organizations worldwide. Aetion improves patients’ health through essential evidence generation from routine healthcare data in rapid cycles using disruptive technology.
At Aetion, you’ll be working with smart, engaged colleagues who create, seek out, and implement the most innovative ideas in healthcare analytics. We have an informal, startup-like culture in which team members at all levels contribute to the work that we do with our product and with our customers.
New York City, NY or Boston, MA
Director or Senior Director, Science
The Senior Scientist will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help Aetion and our customers deliver results through use of the Aetion platform. To do this, the Senior Scientist will work with our customers to train and mentor them on the use of the Aetion platform and to drive the initial use and long-term adoption and growth of the Aetion software platform. This individual will also work on scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
The Senior Scientist will develop data connection specifications, scientific protocols, scientific validation studies, knowledge base items, videos, and other key materials, as well as participate in the delivery of studies on the Aetion platform. S/he will also help to develop and maintain Aetion’s scientific assets, such as dashboards, study templates and our measure library.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using the Aetion platform
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform and measurement system, and share that understanding with customers and teammates though 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars
- Teach and mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, measures in the Aetion Measure Library (an extensive library of measurements addressing key clinical conditions) and other deployable scientific components
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation, and other learning materials, in text and video form
- Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system
- Actively collect customer feedback and ensure that feedback is shared with internal colleagues
- Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting
- MPH, MS or PhD in epidemiology, health services research, health economics or a related field
- At least 5 years experience in an analytic area within a healthcare or medical products organization, or equivalent
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities
- Leadership with a vision – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Socialized and energetic offices – Our new offices have a modern layout, a giant kitchen, and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Ideal locations –Our headquarters are located in the heart of Manhattan within walking distance of Grand Central and Bryant Park. The Boston office is located in the Financial District, within ten minutes walking distance of South and North Stations and Boston Public Garden.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, flexible work from home allowance, ample vacation, 401(k) match, and daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.