Full-timeEstimated: $62,000 - $83,000 a year
- Inventory control
- Hotel experience
- Supervising experience
- Restaurant experience
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
ROSEWOOD KONA VILLAGE
Located on the Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawai‘i, the iconic Kona Village Resort will once again open its doors and welcome back ‘ohana (family) to the historic and culturally rich destination in 2023. Spanning 81 acres of stunning geologic landscape and richness, Kona Village, A Rosewood Resort will draw inspiration from the history of the site, local culture and natural elements. Less than 10 miles north of the Kona International Airport, Kona Village, A Rosewood Resort will debut 150 unique, standalone guest hales with locally-inspired décor and a privileged sense of seclusion. An array of distinct dining venues, including the original resort’s beloved Shipwreck Bar and Talk Story Bar, will offer elevated yet relaxed experiences. The resort will also offer an array of event spaces and outdoor activities, making it an exceptional destination for meetings, events and celebrations.
Supervise the Purchasing operation for the hotel. Maintain vendor relations and resources. Research projects for product needs. Follow approved procedures for buying and issue and assume that others within the Purchasing Department do the same. Evaluate purchasing history and usage to create buying par levels and budget levels. Participate in the month end inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Supervise food buying, non-food buying, beverage purchasing and warehouse operations/receiving/issuing. Create accurate specification of needs and par levels.
- Manage the receiving of vendor product at point of delivery consistent with Rosewood standards.
- Review and approve non-food purchase orders.
- Create and maintain computer data bases to track usage history for projection of need and par creation. Assist other departments with reports as required for budget preparation.
- Communicate at all levels on specifications and available products for research and purchase requests. Carry through with these directives through purchase as required
- Communicate and maintain vendor resources for bids and define current needs. Correspondence when necessary to resolve conflicts or problems.
- Review products and vendors on an ongoing basis for appropriateness of product, quality and service levels.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Resolve problem and offer solutions for meeting emergency needs.
- Supervise and mentor purchasing team associates who assist with purchasing and receiving.
- Participate in internal control audits and financial control audits as required.
- All other duties as required.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, the company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
- Thorough knowledge of food, beverage, dry goods, general supplies, printed materials, operating equipment, engineering supplies, equipment maintenance, housekeeping amenities, and hotel capital expenditures
- Thorough knowledge of manual and computerized inventory control methods;
- Thorough knowledge of PC spreadsheet software;
- Ability to evaluate vendors and negotiate terms;
- Ability to design and implement effective purchasing procedures;
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct employees and managers to meet desired ends;
- Ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize, organize and follow-up
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand a guest’s service needs
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to work weekends or holidays as required
- Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 20 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in hotel, restaurant or related purchasing environment with a minimum of two years’ supervisory experience