TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
About the Team
TikTok's User Operations team ensures we're delivering on our mission through all of our user-facing communication efforts, helping establish TikTok as our users’ favorite daily experience. We're looking for a highly organized, talented and independent Creative Copywriter to join the User Communications Strategy team.
The Copywriter will work with our Email Strategy & Operations Manager and Associate to ensure our users receive timely, valuable communication. This role will be supporting 10+ newsletters in North America by writing and editing engaging copy that ensures effective and consistent communication across a variety of topics. Candidates should have experience creating style guides as well as new processes to support cross-functional teams. You must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, executing with precision, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. This role will liaise with the Content, Marketing, Product, Content Programming and Product Operations teams.
- Write clear and engaging copy and copy edit content to support North America email newsletters
- Champion the TikTok brand voice and ensure it's implemented across all of our newsletters
- Identify copy needs and establish creative copy style guides
- Additional copywriting support for User Communications Strategy team projects and requests as needed
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail
- 3+ years of copy-writing experience in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Team player, ability to engage on all levels of the organization
- Experience working on projects involving cross functional team collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- Curious, self-motivated, bias-for-action (“no task is too small” mentality)
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about entertainment and digital content; Knowledge of the media landscape and major trends in the industry
- Solid understanding of the TikTok user experience
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $137777 - $198444 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are:
10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.