Incumbents at this level will provide technical support to homes and businesses, specifically in the area of voice/data communications systems and applications. Incumbent will be responsible for performing routine to moderately complex maintenance and support on infrastructure including installation and on-call maintenance support. This team member performs installation, testing, maintaining, and repairing equipment and miscellaneous items. This team member also assists in system upgrades, relocations, and installs. This team member interfaces with other customer departments, outside vendors, and service providers.
Duties include using a wide range of voice, data, and video communications technologies including interpreting specifications and interconnection requirements of new equipment.
1. Installs, tests, maintains, and repairs electronic telecommunications equipment
2. Proficiency in the full range of activities, including interpreting drawings and completing systems installations, modifications, maintenance, and repair.
3. Responds to emergency calls in the event of a system failure.
4. Uses a personal computer to make software changes in digital switches and modems. (Support is usually available, and in some instances a remote connection is made to your computer)
5. Inside Structured Wiring Installation (Extending POTS lines, data circuits or new jack locations for either voice or data)
6. Confers with representatives of departments, telephone utility companies, personnel, and telephone service vendors regarding service, repair, adjustments, corrections in service and the installation and removal of equipment.
7. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
8.Reports to a remote project leader or manager.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS (KSAO’S)
1. The telecommunications systems needs and requirements with voice, data, video, 911, network, and other responsibilities (Cat5,6 data terminations, 66/110 block terminations, PBX cross connections)
2. Wireless technologies, data networks and remote sensing, surveillance and alarm devices
3. Any experience with PBX, VoIP is preferred (programming not required)
Skill and Ability to:
1. Read and interpret complex technical manuals and procedures; read schematic circuit diagrams; test and repair cabling.
2. Write clear, concise technical reports and documents
3. Work under limited daily supervision and under pressure of deadlines
The job requires a skilled technician that can work without the direction of a lead on-site. The jobs will be mostly POTS line extensions, new jack installations for voice or data, data circuit extensions and equipment turn-up (under directions of a Network Operations Center). There is no programming of equipment necessary, though once in a while we will setup a new modem and have to login to the modem and make basic changes, like entering PPP username and Password information, or turning wireless off. I need someone with the experience to start immediately without training, travel will be limited to the Clarion 90 mile radius (unless you enjoy traveling, we can add you to the project team) and we should have enough service calls for you to expect 20-40 hours a week to start, and more as you become more familiar with our jobs. Some of the jobs will come up for immediate dispatch, same day service. Some will be scheduled out 2-3 days, you have to be readily available to be qualified for this position. You will be required to haul a little giant type ladder (4'7" long), and have a driver's license. If you have your own tools you will be paid additional 5.00/hourly starting pay.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour