Tribalco provides mission-critical information technology, integrated telecommunications, and soldier survival solutions to defense, civilian government, and commercial customers around the world. We are a trusted systems integrator with a global presence, providing advanced and innovative lifecycle solutions, from engineering and installation to operations and maintenance, for the enterprise. With superior technical ingenuity and a proven record of performance excellence, Tribalco is the technology contractor of choice for meeting the unique and complex requirements of our discerning customers. Focused on defense and security technologies, Tribalco delivers unrivaled expertise, ingenuity, and reliability across a wide range of capabilities including cloud computing solutions, advanced wireless implementations, and tactical combat casualty care. Tribalco is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with additional offices in Colorado and Florida.
The Network Administrator works within a cohesive team environment and supports a large Government client with multiple locations and is responsible for supervising a small team of network technicians in a secure operational environment. The team is responsible for maintaining industry and government IT compliance standards via scheduled deployments, patching managing and maintaining, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network routers, switches and encryption devices in Windows Active Directory environment. This position focuses on ensuring production systems are secure, tuned for optimum performance, delivering required information to end-users, and interacting properly with Wide Area networks (WANs). Maximize network environment monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with System Integration network architects. The Network Administrator will interface with other stakeholders and attend meetings, generate reports, and provide recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Configure, Install, Upgrade and Manage an Enterprise level Local and Wide area Network. This includes a strong working knowledge of IP Sub-netting, and a strong knowledge of routing and routing protocols to include OSPF.
- Configure, Install, Upgrade and Manage Cisco layer 2/3 switches and routers.
- Configure, Install, Upgrade and Manage IPSec Devices i.e. Cisco ASA 5510, Juniper Firewalls, and TACLANE’s.
- Configure, Install, Upgrade and Manage DHCP Servers to include Microsoft DHCP.
- Strong network documentation skills to include Visio, Excel, MS Word, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with SNMP Network Management Servers i.e. CA Spectrum, and experience with
- Configuration Management Servers i.e. Cisco Network Compliance Manager (NCM), and or Cisco Prime.
- Must have Network Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting experience to include Remote
- Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol or TACACS +.
- Must have Trouble Ticket Based experience i.e. BMC Remedy.
- Perform facilities planning for network infrastructure system changes including transformation initiatives, new construction,
mobilization/demobilization, and changes in occupancy to existing buildings.
- Provide Tier III support for all trouble tickets and calls related to loss of network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and respond to network problems; coordinate solutions with outside vendors, users, and information technology
- Perform IOS upgrades on network connected switches and maintain and monitor switches through the use of CISCO works and other similar
Government-furnished switch management solutions.
- Program switches and routers as required with IOS advanced IP Services package versions including various enhanced features to include IPv6 support.
- Perform various functions related to VLAN management throughout the installation.
- Monitor network operations to identify performance and capacity issues; use government provided software to measure the volume and performance of network traffic; identify utilization and performance issues; create plans and implement new technologies and services to satisfy capacity and performance requirements; establish and maintain technology and operational standards.
- Utilize network monitoring tools to monitor servers, firewalls, and network components for errors, security issues, and other problems; review device, network, and application logs; review usage and utilization statistics.
- Implement Manage, monitor, Cisco Access Control Server, Cisco ISE, and Cisco Prime.
- Installs, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, and replace CISCO network switches and routers as required.
- Perform capacity and performance management of the Fort Irwin IP Network.
- Work with designated team members to develop and maintain Cisco based IP network.
- Operates and maintains CA Spectrum by adding network devices and generating reports.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in network administration working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and upgrades, and be familiar with the applicable NIST Special Publications 800-37 Revision 1, 800-53 Revision 3 or 4, and 800-53A Revision 1
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- CCNA Security or Security+CE or SSCP or GSEC or GICSP
- CISCO Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA R&S) Certification
- Secret Clearance
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Significant experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, Vlans, Ethernet, SONET, switching, routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), 802.1Q, and DNS.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Candidate must have solid knowledge of information security principles and practices, as well as an advanced understanding of security
protocols and standards.
- Experience and basic knowledge of networking components and various operating systems in a cloud environment, including UNIX and Microsoft is a plus.
- Expertise in other Security Frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT, HIPAA/HITECH, etc.) and regulatory requirements is a plus
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Position requires a Secret clearance
Tribalco LLC employees enjoy competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and paid vacations. Travel and project expenses are 100% reimbursable. Travel may be required on this assignment as the program is managed and encompasses various locations throughout the United States. This is a full time position with 40 or more hours per week.
Tribalco is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit resume, salary requirements and references to email@example.com.