Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Schedules all surgical and endoscopic procedures, completes all necessary paper work, closes out surgical procedures in the scheduling system, enters charges and performs related office functions.
1. Schedules surgical and endoscopic cases in an accurate & efficient manner. Closes out procedures utilizing scheduling software.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of charge capture systems and applications.
3. Prepares, prints and distributes daily operating room schedule.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of surgical specialties, their related procedures with room and equipment requirements.
5. Demonstrates competence in the use of all office equipment including copiers, printers, computers and faxes.
6. Completes requisitions for office supplies. Monitors inventory and maintains records for same.
7. Uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients and significant others.
8. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment. Prioritizes responsibilities.
9. Compiles reports for surgical services regarding scheduling/post case data.
10. Performs secretarial functions for manager as needed.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Data entry and MS Word required.
MS Excel, knowledge of scheduling systems, and medical terminology preferred.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Mon-Fri 8:30-5pm (variable hours)
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.