The Family Support Division is seeking applications for a Family Support Eligibility Specialist. This position is located in the Randolph County FSD office, 1715 South Morley, Moberly, Missouri.
Job Description:JOB DUTIES:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Determines initial and continuing eligibility of clients for income maintenance programs such as food assistance, medical services, financial assistance, nutritional assistance, etc. according to federal and state standards.
- Interviews clients, explains application procedures and assists individuals in completing application forms for income maintenance programs, requiring extensive public contact both in person and by telephone.
- Assists individuals in utilizing the resources of the division and the community.
- Gathers, verifies, evaluates, and enters necessary social, financial, and medical information to determine the need and eligibility for public assistance.
- Prepares summaries of findings to be used in making determination of eligibility for public assistance, ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Authorizes public assistance based on client circumstances and public assistance program requirements.
- Maintains complete and accurate computerized and/or paper records of client eligibility and prepares reports as required.
- a variety of diverse tasks while continuing to maintain currency and accuracy of program requirements.
- Ensures timely processing of applications to meet client needs and program mandates.
- Completes reinvestigations as required by program policy, state and/or federal mandates to ensure continued eligibility for agency services.
- Explains and interprets agency policy, procedures, and rules governing public assistance programs to clients and other individuals.
- Informs clients of their rights and procedures for appeal and other legal rights related to income maintenance and public assistance programs.
- Presents pertinent information at agency conferences or appeals hearings.
- Determines public assistance overpayments and initiates repayment process.
- Makes alternate application arrangements for individuals seeking benefit assistance who are unable to travel to the Family Support Division offices to establish initial or continuing eligibility.
- Refers families, children, adults or aged receiving assistance to other agencies or community resources, as necessary.
- Performs work in an office environment within the limits of established state and federal laws, and agency policy and procedure.
- Receives general supervision from a designated administrative supervisor; work is reviewed for attainment of objectives through case record review, reports, and conference.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Four or more years of clerical support experience (e.g. General Office Assistant, Office Support Assistant, etc.) in income maintenance or child support activities with the Missouri Department of Social Services.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
(Qualifying experience as described below may substitute on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required eduction.)
Four or more years experience in areas requiring extensive customer interaction which includes working with, or management of, business or employee financial records, sales, marketing, management, direct consumer or public contact, and/or customer service functions; and possession of a high school diploma of GED certificate.
(Earned credit hours from an accredited college or university may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience at a rate of 30 credit hours for one year.)