Magic Leap is looking for a Social Media Specialist to assist in day-to-day operations of our social media channels. This role will be responsible for collaborating with our Content Marketing Manager and external agencies to create, publish and manage content, while also managing/coordinating response efforts to social media comments. The best candidate will be a Jack (or Jane) of all trades. He/she has an expert-level understanding of social media marketing principles and community management, as well as a 101 level of understanding of the creative process, and can jump in and tackle quick design tasks. On top of all that, he/she will have very strong creative writing skills, with a copywriting portfolio that speaks to the modern, social customer. Most importantly, the owner of the shoes who fill this role will be eager to learn and ready to take on tasks he/she hasn't ever done before. An appreciation for startup culture is expected. Buckle up!
- Manage Magic Leap social media day-to-day operations (posting, scheduling, boosting, response and analysis)
- Own community management processes, and collaborate with additional customer-facing teams across the organization
- Own real-time social activations (at events, on special days, etc.)
- Copywriter relevant, on-brand [and sometimes witty] social media posts and responses
- Assist in general asset creation: writing briefs, providing creative direction, etc.
- Create some assets (graphics, photos, short GIFs) for social media posts
- Strategize on how social media content strategy folds into overall paid strategy
- Stay aware of overall social media and digital content trends. Report platform updates to the broader team and recommend optimizations to strategies
- Proofread social, email and web content as needed
- Be a general team player, and jump in to assist different areas when needed.
- Manage configuration and maintenance of our social media management tools
- 2-3 years experience agency or client side in social media strategy or copywriting.
- Superhero social copywriting skills with a portfolio of content to write home about (see what we did there?)
- Experience with social media management systems. Sprinklr experience a plus.
- Impeccable organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working in the tech sector a big plus
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and AfterEffects
- A modern sense of humor with a special place in your heart for reddit.com/r/funny/
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.