Planet Direct is a full-service direct mail production facility, specializing in offset printing, data processing, personalization, and lettershop services. The Didde Web Pressman is part of the print shop department and is an integral position within the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience and proficiency in operating Didde 22” and Didde VIP Web Presses
- Understand and be experienced in CMYK color builds and Pantone PMS color swatch matching
- Experience with trouble shooting and conducting minor repairs and maintenance when issues occur
- Plan print jobs in accordance with the training you will receive
- Review and understand job jackets for production
- Perform all duties safely, wearing required personal protective equipment as needed
- Observe all safety rules and immediately report hazards to management
- Be punctual to work and show up consistently
- Follow all company policies as described in the Employee Handbook
- Perform other duties as required
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Proven mechanical aptitude
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, and some weekends. 6:00 pm to 6:00 am. The schedule is variable. Weekends are rotational.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to get background check and drug test.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Night shift