As a Groomer, you help make a difference in the lives of pets by providing customers with an upscale pet styling experience to improve the look and feel of a pet’s physical appearance.
Depending on the incumbent’s professional grooming experience, level of role and scheduling, the following grooming services may be performed: bathing, brushing, blow drying, dematting, cutting or trimming hair/fur, gland expression, brushing teeth, nail clipping and grinding, and other specialty services.
Here is what a day in the life of a Groomer would look like:
- Complete high quality grooms
- Provide customers with an exceptional guest experience
- Provide all pet guest with kindness and respect at all times
- Speak authentically about products and services offered
- Share product knowledge and suggestions to fit customer needs and promote pet health
- Maintain a clean work area
- Grooming certification or license
- At least 6 months professional grooming experience required
- Grooming tools and equipment in good working condition
- Passion for dog grooming and the well-being of pets
- Knowledgeable in breed standard grooms
- Skills in scissoring, general cleaning, nail trimming, styling, and all other pet grooming functions
- Willingness to be educated about the products and services offered
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move animals and items that weigh more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be comfortable around animals.
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org