This is a unique employment opportunity because not only does it require someone with rockstar Sales and Customer Service Skills but also presents a rare opportunity to be able to build and run a brand new department. In addition to typical Customer Service (CS) interactions this position will also oversee all department management activities including directly reporting incremental sales and conversion metrics to the CEO. The department director will initially be responsible for handling the existing CS inquiries, creating the Customer Service Protocol, and assigning user rules for the new Company CRM system. This position will also require working directly with the development team to implement and run tests on any new Software API integrations for system enhancements.
The position requires a combination of technical experience working in E-commerce or App integrations and a combined 5 years of experience in either Sales, Management and/or Customer Service. The ideal candidate should have a finesses for reassuring and putting customers at ease through both written and verbal communication skills.
The position is based in Midtown New York City but will be permitted to work remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Ability to work remotely and take Customer Service calls and emails during company business hours.
- Amazing problem solving, organizing and project management skills.
- Confidence to develop and implement strategic plans and company wide CS protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work with marketing to communicate any issues with product listings, inventory, pricing and promotions as they arise.
- Manage a staff and account health and metrics, ensuring compliance with company protocol and Terms of Service.
- Work across company departments, including accounting and Operations, to ensure a positive customer experience and service metrics, including fill and delivery rates, are met.
- Build out and manage teams as the business grows.
- Needs to be willing to go above and beyond their employee duties to solve problems as they arise and communicate between various departments.
- Needs to be proficient in either Zendesk, Charge Desk, Magento, Stripe and/or Square. As well as multiple Zoho services including Zoho CRM, Inventory, Books, and Analytics.
- If a candidate does not have experience working with the above mentioned brands any experience with similar types of software is also acceptable and is a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Experience in E-Commerce and App marketplaces
- 5 years experience in either Sales, Management and/or Customer Service.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to create, analyze, and interpret reports
- Ability to present information effectively, written and oral, both internally and to customers
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, profit margins, commissions, and percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations with only limited standardization exits
- Strong analytical skills required
- Experience in Excel Spreadsheets
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Zoho or similar CRM platform: 1 year (Required)
- Zendesk or other similar CS platform: 1 year (Required)
- New York, NY 10022 (Required)
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19