At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Can you visualize the game that should be, long before it is? Do you have a passion for gameplay, animation, AI, feedback, and the myriad artistic and technical elements that make a game feel great? Love the elegant interplay between gameplay and camera, where a well-timed shake, pop-zoom or adjust can add realism and intensity to a rewarding game moment? Are you an expert collaborator and great communicator who thrives on delivering results? If so, wow, do we want to talk to you!
The WWE team is looking for an experienced Gameplay Software Engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for fun, feel, and clean and efficient design. In this role, you will work closely with designers to architect and implement high-use systems for camera movement, post effects, props, collateral damage and more. You will interface with all disciplines including animation, design and AI to build and polish amazing gameplay to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever!
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves client-side developers, backend developers, or full-stack developers. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Join a team of passionate engineers, designers and animators recreating the seismic experience of WWE superstars in and out of the ring
- Deliver systems for in-game camera control, crowds, pyrotechnics and destruction
- Represent the player at all times, delivering satisfying, polished, and extensible game features
- Work with designers and artists to deliver efficient systems to trigger camera reactions, crowd responses, pyrotechnics and other effects to heighten in-game moments
- Work in an Agile process to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
- Two or more shipped console or PC titles
- Understanding of animation technology and character controls
- Understanding of game cameras, camera movement, and basic cinematic principals
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Problem solver, innovator, pioneer
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $113,000 and $140,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $113,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year