The focus of this position is to complete various new product development engineering projects and provide technical support for their implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage new product development (NPD) projects and assist design engineering with the detail design and integration of new products, both buy/sell and internally manufactured.
- Carry out the implementation of new product designs into production.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with management regarding project schedules, technical issues, resources and costs using the Watts Stage Gate process.
- Manage producing engineering prototypes as needed.
- Support all NPD engineering activities with the proper documentation.
- Identify and implement improvements to engineering processes.
- Support the engineering laboratory with equipment upgrades, maintenance and new test setups.
- Complete assigned projects using accepted engineering practices and industry standards.
- Adhere to current company and department policies and procedures.
- Review feasibility and engineering concerns of Engineering Change Requests or Notices (ECR or ECN).
- Assist with product liability claims information requests from legal.
- Ensure safe work practices and strict adherence to the Watts Water Technologies safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Five years of related experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Design of electronic control systems for mechanical / fluid control systems
- Knowledge / proficiency in programming in C/C++ or Phython
- Practical experience in water treatment systems helpful
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor preferred, must be proficient with 3D modeling and 2D drafting
- PC-based computing experience (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Project management skills relating to product development
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and superior organizational abilities
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Certifications preferred
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity
- Ability to be resourceful, to act independently, where appropriate, and within budget constraints, and to recognize when higher intervention may be required
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- related manufacturing environment: 5 years (Required)