This apprenticeship opportunity is for U.S. citizens who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces including Reserves and National Guard and military spouses.
Candidates must have one of the following:
- 4 years of troubleshooting experience
- a 4 year degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math fields
- 2 years towards a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math fields AND 2 years of any technical troubleshooting experience
Do you like implementing innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for aspiring and motivated individuals, who align with our Leadership Principles for our Systems Engineer Apprenticeship Program. If accepted, apprentices will be provided both formalized IT training and on the job training leading to an interview as a Systems Engineer with Amazon or Amazon Web Services. Amazon.com has built a reputation of excellence in Web-related technologies and services. As an apprentice, you will have a unique opportunity to combine technical and hands on training with our team as you develop your Systems Engineer skills.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for a systems engineer who feels strongly not only about operating great systems but also about improving upon those systems in the real world.
You'll have the opportunity to help AWS build the platform that will set the standard for cloud computing. You will have to make tough prioritization decisions, iterate and innovate, and think through large-scale globally distributed systems problems. You will have to think about how to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee. As a lead member of our growing team, you will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and interact with many other engineering teams across Amazon.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
- Ability to perform deep, dive technical troubleshooting.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
- Comfortable working with Linux, or other Unix operating systems.
- Obsession with delivering highly available and performant systems that surpass customer expectations.
- Have a passion for automation and ability to script/code in Python, Perl or Java.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this roll
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.