SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Position Summary: Northwood Academy Charter School (NACS) Teacher is responsible for instructing students and creating relevant learning experiences in a supportive K-8 environment. The Teacher provides a rigorous academic and classroom built upon the school's core values of expectations and meaningful relationships. Additionally, the Teacher uses knowledge, competency, and a positive nature to provide students with a strong foundation for future educational and social opportunities.
● In conjunction with the curricular norms set forth by NACS leadership, implement a
standard aligned, academic program which includes lesson plans, accommodations,
assignments, and assessments.
● Assume responsibility for the academic progress of students and actively work to ensure
all students meet or exceed expectations on academic measures up to and including
● Provide an engaging learning environment using relevant curriculum, varied instructional
materials/ technologies, and developmentally appropriate techniques and strategies.
● Communicate with school administration and leadership on all relevant matters as
● Demonstrate expertise and connection to subject area and related standards.
● Analyze and regularly review formative and summative assessment data to drive
curricular and pedagogical choices and adjustments towards growth and proficiency.
● Create and maintain a stable classroom environment which utilizes an informed and
responsive approach to guide and nurture the emotional, cognitive and social abilities of
● Provide classroom structures, routines, and expectations which are proactive, positively
incentivized, and reflective of school protocols regarding behavioral interventions.
● Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and growth through
self-awareness, ongoing reflection, receptiveness to feedback and active participation in
● Collaborate with co-workers to ensure curricular coherences, discuss student work,
share best practices and design opportunities for community building through incentives
● Take all responsible precautions to provide for health and safety of the students and to
protect the equipment, materials, and facilities.
● Complete all lesson plans, progress reports, record keeping, communications and
administrative functions within specified time and manner.
● Conduct appropriate assessments of students work and maintains accurate and regular
data on students in areas of attendance, grades and IEP progress if applicable.
● Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with parents/guardians
concerning the activities of the classroom and academic and behavioral progress of their
students through written/electronic forms, telephone calls, and conferences.
● Report any serious accident/illness affecting students and comply with mandated
policies regarding child welfare.
● Professionally represent the school in interactions with parents, community, staff, and
● Follow and maintain knowledge of all NACS policy(ies) and procedures.
● Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
● Participate in school trips and offsite activities.
● Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Education or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
● Active and valid Pennsylvania Teacher Certification.
● PDE Certified.
● Must be highly qualified under the reauthorized ESSA.
● Ability to works well with others from diverse backgrounds.
● Strong conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent listening skills without interrupting and ability to keep emotions under control.
● Ability to be open to others’ ideas and to build a positive team spirit.
● Demonstrated ability to successfully work with and teach K-8 students.
● Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions
one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff.
● Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from students.
● Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, IEPs, procedure manuals
and governmental regulations.
● Ability to write routine correspondence.
● Demonstrate a genuine interest, understanding and care for students personal and
● Operate from the belief that all students can learn and be held to high standards.
● Possess a strong desire and ability to engage families through intentional relationship
building and ongoing communication.
● Respond positively and effectively to challenges with a solutions-oriented mindset.
● Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
Working Conditions: Usually work indoors in classrooms, may sometimes teach outdoors or supervise playgrounds. Work very near others, within a few feet or less. Working with young children often entails close contact. Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity, hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels.
Physical Requirements: There are physical aspects of this position to successfully carry out essential job functions such as ability to lift or carry supplies, textbooks, and equipment up to 30 pounds. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, grab, pull, see hear, and speak daily. Employees in this classification may be subject to work environments that have exposure to weather or interiors with extreme of heat and/or cold, wet and/or humid conditions, high noise levels, and various work-related hazards. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential job duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,514.00 - $82,940.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19124: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person