The role of the Cat Care Technician is to closely monitor the health and wellbeing of our resident cats as well as provide them a clean and healthy environment while in our care. In this position, you work closely with volunteers and other team members to ensure every cat thrives. In addition to specific cat care responsibilities, the role helps maintain the cleanliness of the shelter.
Work schedule for cleaning is Monday - Friday 8 AM-1 PM, Saturday 6 AM-10 AM, Sunday 7 AM-11 AM. We offer a $1/hr pay differential for shifts worked on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures the comfort and cleanliness of resident cats by cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining group cat rooms, condos, and cages. This includes, but is not limited to: mopping, sweeping, cleaning and refilling litter pans and food bowls, collecting garbage, restocking items, and spot cleaning.
- Feeds animals as scheduled and makes sure they have fresh water at all times.
- Administers medications, treatments, and subcutaneous fluids as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Collects, washes, folds, and distributes laundry.
- Observes dietary, elimination, and behavior habits of animals in residence and appropriately reports to supervisor and/or medical team any changes in such.
- Cleans, disinfects, and maintains facility common areas.
- Restocking and managing shelter supply inventory.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores shelter deliveries.
- Attends staff meetings and training as scheduled.
- Ensures all rooms have adequate enrichment for each cat.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- No prior experience or training.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with cat behavior is preferred.
- Attendance & Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Provides consistent, timely, high-quality work. Follows through on commitments. Uses time efficiently. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Customer Service - Treats customers (internal and external) with respect and courtesy. Shows interest in, anticipates, and responds timely to customer needs and concerns. Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers. Responds appropriately to and resolves difficult and emotional situations.
- Diversity - Enthusiastically works with all employees, regardless of race, gender, culture, and age. Values contributions of people from diverse backgrounds. Demonstrates respect for opinions and ideas of others. Shows awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and individual values.
- Ethics - Respects and maintains confidentiality. Tells truth and is honest in all dealings. Avoids situations and actions considered inappropriate or which present a conflict of interest. Upholds organizational values. Does not misrepresent self or use position or authority for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Listens and responds constructively to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Provides assistance to others when they need it. Shares expertise. Acknowledges others' effort and contribution. Puts success of team above own interests. Creates a positive work environment.
- Medical or Veterinary Medical experience a plus!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand.
- Frequently required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 40 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Independent Cat Society is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. Independent Cat Society does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. Independent Cat Society is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $11.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westville, IN 46391: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person