ImmunoTek Bio Centers is currently looking for a EMT, Paramedic, LPN or RN for our Altoona, PA Location!
ImmunoTek is seeking professionals with a passion for saving lives and professional development. ImmunoTek is not just a place to get a job; it's a place to forge a career. We are governed by a set of core principles that guide us through all facets of our business. These principles set the tone for the method in which we hire, train, develop and collaborate with our most important asset...our people.
People are the most important part of our company. We are passionate about three groups of people:
1. We value the amazing employees ImmunoTek Associates who have made the decision to join our ImmunoTek family. Each Associate plays an important role in making the workplace thriving and enjoyable.
2. We are extremely grateful for the plasma donors who have decided to make ImmunoTek a part of their lives, visiting us weekly and becoming part of our business family.
3. We are dedicated to supplying the highest quality plasma used in medications for patients all over the world.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory/Medical Director and Center Director, ensure donor suitability, product integrity and the continued good health of donors through the compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, EU regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual / IBR Quality Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
2. Monitor and evaluate operation and provide feedback to Center Director.
3. Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors through the use of Standard Operating Procedure Manual (with particular detailed attention to communications related to viral disease information and plasmapheresis informed consent), current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP, all internal company procedures, personal education and experience.
4. Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established donor suitability.
5. Assist with management and administration of Hepatitis Vaccine program according to established protocol.
6. Assist with management and administration of employee counseling, testing, and follow-up of employee exposures to blood or plasma.
7. Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable individuals.
8. Provide level of care during unexpected or severe donor reactions.
9. Assist in employee training as necessary.
10. Consult with Center Laboratory/Medical Director/Licensed Physician as required by Physician Substitute Program. Communicate with Medical Director where necessary to ensure donor suitability issues are addressed appropriately.
11. Report all unsafe situations or conditions to supervisor.
12. Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
13. May be required to work weekends and evenings and some major holidays.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time