Amazon is looking for a QA Manager to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new, best in class, consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.”
We are seeking someone who is obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world-class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
The ideal candidate will also have strong project & program management experience. You will create a roadmap and vision for the team. You will need excellent technical project management skills to deliver program roadmap items as well as other cross-team projects.
You know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation. The right candidate will want to measure everything and be very data driven. He/she will excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance of their team.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant testing experience
- Experience in testing consumer devices or mobile Apps.
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results
- Experience with designing tools and frameworks
- Experience with responsibility for teams of 4+ people
- Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables
- Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon
- Experience with a number of different programming languages and test automation technologies
- Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality
- Can propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders
- Thinks big, has vision and is a vocal leader and can communicate on that vision to team members
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation