Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Job Description Summary:
PayPal’s Intellectual Property Legal team is looking for a highly energetic paralegal to support its IP function with particular emphasis on litigation activities. Responsibilities will include a wide range of tasks, such as internal fact investigation, coordinating internal witness interviews, issuing hold notices, managing document collections, as well as supporting depositions and trial preparation. In addition, the ideal candidate may work on a case by case basis with our patent and trademark prosecution teams. The position may be located in San Jose, CA or Austin, TX.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in supporting IP litigation (patents and trademarks).
- A combination of law firm and in-house experience at a high-tech company is strongly preferred.
- Team-player with a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across the entire team and not just your primary focus area.
- Exhibits grace under pressure and has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited program is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft OneNote).
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.