Hotel General Manager
Best Western Plus, Provo, Utah
The GM is responsible for all aspects of hotel operations, including day-to-day staff management and guests. They will be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel, provide leadership and do strategic planning for all departments supporting our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. They will work closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent guest experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operations and functions of the hotel.
- Coordinate with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Oversee and manage all departments and work closely with department heads daily.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handle complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Prepare, present and subsequently achieve of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and management.
- Develop improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports daily and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximize room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Help in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staff.
- Respond to internal and external audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved and safeguarding the quality of operations.
- Assist with corporate client handling and acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal compliance requirements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in hotel management or a related field.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience, including experience in remote locations.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience as a General Manager / Asst. General Manager in Choice / Best Western / IHG / Marriott / Hilton brands.
- Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
- Excellent computer system skills
- Seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
PAY NEGOTIABLE UPON EXPERIENCE
HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT BENEFITS OFFERED ALONG WITH COMPANY VACATION PAY AND PERFORMANCE BONUSES
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- United States (Preferred)