Family Care Group of Thomson is currently in search of an experienced Certified Medical Assistant. Candidates must be high-energy, multitasker in a fast-paced environment, experience with Electronic Health records, proficient computer and typing skills, possess great phone etiquette, and effectively communicate with patients, physicians, families, and coworkers. Qualifications include a current Certification as a Medical Assistant and two or more years of experience in a medical office. The position is Full time with a competitive salary and benefits.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant (e.g. CMA, AAMA, RMA, AMT, NAHP) required. If not currently certified/registered, must become certified/registered within 90 days of the date of hire.
- Demonstrated EMR knowledge - Experience with EMR Allscripts a plus.
- 2-3 years of medical practice experience and knowledge.
- Skilled in organization, customer service, and attention to detail.
- Possess exceptional communication and relational skills.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) has duties and responsibilities related to patient care in the medical office setting. The individual displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others, and functions as a member of the healthcare team. The CMA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care. The CMA maintains an inventory of examination/procedure room supplies, assists in the organization of efficient patient flow, and organizes the clinic environment to assure patient safety. The CMA demonstrates problem-solving skills as they relate to patient care activities, provides guidance for, and acts as a role model for CMAs in the clinical area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining medical histories, Vitals, Medication Reconciliation and documenting within the Electronic Medical Record system.
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients and obtaining consents
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic point of care laboratory tests
- Authorizing prescription refills as directed by Physician
- Performing electrocardiograms, Holter Monitors, Sleep Studies, Continuous Glucose Monitors
- Greeting patients, answering telephones and responding to patient phone calls
- Completing Prior Authorizations, pre-certifications, and pharmaceutical treatment enrollment forms
- Arranging offsite procedures and laboratory services
- Handling correspondence
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations