DDC-ITS is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation. Recognized by the Small Business Administration (SBA), we are certified as a Tribally Owned 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business.
DDC-ITS is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations.
DDC-ITS strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
DDC-ITS provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications needs. Our solutions provide communication capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
Advertised Job Title
Sr Information Technology Manager for Virtualization
- Install, configure, and manage all aspects of the VMware vSphere environment including creating virtual machines, configuring new ESXi hosts, datastore creation and maintenance, troubleshooting vMotion, permissions, smartcard configuration, connectivity and performance issues, and installing latest patches on all components such as vCenter Server, ESXi hosts, VMware Console, VMware Tools, BIOS, and iDRAC & iLO firmware.
- Install, configure, and manage all aspects of the Hyper-V environment including creating virtual machines using SCCM task sequence, configuring new Hyper-V hosts, managing Microsoft Failover Cluster, troubleshooting Live Migration, Active Directory permissions and computer objects, Remote Desktop, smartcard configuration, connectivity and performance issues, and installing latest drivers, firmware and Microsoft patches.
- Perform Vulnerability Management and Remediation tasks in order to maintain network compliance, secure, and defend the enterprise virtualization systems
- Manage and complete all assigned tasks and tickets in a timely and proficient manner.
- Manage and complete all other tasks that may be assigned on demand
Technical Skills Required:
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and technical expertise
- Able to multitask and provide quick efficient solutions
- Adept at network engineering with working knowledge of firewalls, servers, network ports, and various operating systems
- Provide high level of customer service with technical support as requested
- Able to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Produce technical documentation on infrastructure, troubleshooting procedures, and quality standards
- Comfortable using various tools such as vSphere, PowerCLI, Hyper-V Manager, PowerShell, WinSCP, and PuTTY
- Comfortable using vulnerability management tools such as DoD STIGs, SCAP, STIG Viewer, and ACAS tools
- Extensive knowledge and minimum 4 years of experience in enterprise level virtualization infrastructure, including VMware vSphere and ESXi, Microsoft Windows Server and Hyper-V, storage, fiber channel/iSCSI, clustering and high availability.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows, data communications and network skills in complex virtual server environments that leverage large storage area networks, enterprise backup systems, and virtualization technologies/systems. Experience to continuously monitor, optimize, and improve the services of an enterprise virtualization infrastructure. Strong understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the associated IA principles and framework applied to ensure information assurance and security of those services.
- Enterprise system administration experience on Microsoft Windows platform and, an understanding of a wide array of server grade applications to include Active Directory, Windows DNS, IIS, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, SCCM, SCOM, MS SQL Server, and security patch management.
- Must meet and maintain minimum requirements of DoD 8570.01-M and AR 25-2. Type certifications and experience include, but are not limited to:
- IA Baseline (IAT-III): CISSP (or associate), or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), or other authorized equivalent certification, and
- Computing Environment (CE): Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012, or VMware VCA or higher/newer levels.
- Must complete the Government’s current Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) Computer Based Training (CBT) training within 4 weeks of work start.
- Excellent oral/written communications skills
- VMware VCP-DCV certification
- MCSA Windows Server 2016
- ITILv3 Foundations certification
- Hands on experience using DoD IT security hardening tools, remediation and documentation (DISA STIG, SCAP, POA&M).
- Storage Area Networking (SAN), enterprise backup, business Continuity of Operations / Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) and related technologies/procedures
High School Diploma or equivalent
CISSP, CASP, IAT Level III Compliant