*TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, EXTERNAL CANDIDATES NEED TO APPLY BY SUBMITTING A NORTH METRO COMMUNITY SERVICES APPLICATION. EITHER ONLINE OR IN PERSON ALONG WITH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
INDEED EMAILED INFORMATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS A COMPLETED APPLICATION. VISIT WWW.NMETRO.ORG TO APPLY.
Who are we?
North Metro Community Services is one of 20 Community Centered Boards serving people with developmental disabilities in Colorado. North Metro serves as the single point of entry for services to eligible people in Adams County (not including the city of Aurora).
What can we offer you?!
A meaningful and impactful career working with an organization that serves those living with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Fully paid health, dental, vision and life insurance equal to your annual salary. Various other voluntary benefits too. A very generous 401k plan, paid time off, holidays/flexible holidays, birthday leave, online training programs, recognition programs and tuition reimbursement. See the change you're helping to make in the lives of these individuals every day!
Did we mention a 4 day work week? Yeah, we have that too.
How can you apply?!
Visit our website at: www.nmetro.org
You will need to submit a cover letter and current resume along with our company application in order to be considered. This should be done online, it's also available in person at our HR offices Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm (1001 W.124th Ave, Westminster, 80234).
What is this job about?
The Desktop Support Technician will be working on install, modify, and make repairs to personal computing equipment and software applications, and provide technical assistance and training to end users.
1. Provides level one support and responds to user helpdesk problem tickets concerning systems operations and diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems. This includes...
a. Install PC hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drives, switches in user office space.
b. Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, MS office suit or specialty software packages into computers, and configure for domain access.
c. Replaces or upgrades defective or inadequate software, hardware and operating system packages
d. Instructs/Train users in use of equipment and software.
2. Prioritize and schedule problems and tasks.
3. Performs escalation of problems to the appropriately experienced technician.
4. Records, tracks, and documents the help desk request problem-solving process in accordance with departmental procedures.
5. Communicate and collaborate application problems and issues to management, development teams, and end users.
6. Provide excellent customer service to all users.
1. Experience in building and imaging personal computers and providing Desktop and Printer support and maintenance in a business environment.
2. At least 1 years of experience with Windows Operating Systems, including Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows XP, as well as MS Office 2010, 2013 and 2016.
3. Any technical certifications are a plus.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. May perform other duties as assigned.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, EXTERNAL CANDIDATES NEED TO APPLY BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION, RESUME AND COVER LETTER ONLINE OR IN PERSON.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Required work authorization: