Customer Service Representative
Starting pay of $18.51 per hour with competitive benefits that let you see the world:
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. Our careers include competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
- Travel: Fly United for free - domestic and international – and bring your friends and family too!
- Flexibility: Opportunities for overtime and ability to trade shifts to work a flexible schedule.
- Phenomenal Benefits: 401(k), pension plan, health insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family.
- Build your career: Opportunity to learn and grow into leadership roles with over half of our leaders starting in the operation.
- Up to $35.65 / hour: Seniority-based pay raises with additional compensation for shift differential and overtime
As the face of our customer, here’s what you will do:
Whether our customers are traveling for business or pleasure, you are the professional in the airport that crafts meaningful connections and encourages an environment where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. You will be interacting with our domestic and international customers in our lobbies and at gates, helping them with ticketing, baggage, greeting customers as they start and end their journey and doing it with a smile. You will provide friendly, professional, confident, and insightful service to help resolve customer travel issues and make their experience memorable.
- Interacting with customers in a kind and useful manner is key to crafting memorable experiences and building customer loyalty and dedication
- Stepping up and anticipating customer needs while maintaining a strong sense of responsibility when we have inconvenienced a customer
- Working each and every day with a safety mentality by ensuring we hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards
- Navigating challenges by being steady yet adaptable. Maintaining composure and managing issues while not taking customer frustration personally.
- Working collaboratively with others, supporting your colleagues, and helping them be successful with new processes and technologies.