Date Posted: 06.07.2018
We are an EEO Employer
Who is MKK?
MKK specializes in exceptional building design and has been a leader in MEP engineering design and consulting for over 59 years. As we continue to build our high-performance team we are seeking individuals with a passion for innovative design of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lighting, commissioning, energy modeling, security, fire protection, and sustainable design projects.
What do our BIM Assistants do?
- Utilize their technical skills and industry knowledge to bring the client’s vision to life by assisting in the design of environments that revolutionize the way people live, work, and play.
- Perform a variety of building information modeling (BIM) production activities in support of the BIM staff.
- Learn to utilize Revit and AutoCAD to produce drawings and schedules from some of the best engineers, designers, and senior BIM staff in the business.
- Set up AutoCAD projects, update AutoCAD backgrounds, and update standard AutoCAD documents.
What are we looking for?
- An individual who is skilled at team communication.
- A candidate with a proven track record of self-checking his or her own work, working collaboratively with technical advisors, and effectively planning personal workload while coordinating multiple assignments and expectations with project teams.
- Associate’s degree in a directly related discipline required.
- One year of on-the-job experience with Revit and/or AutoCAD may be substituted for an associate’s degree.
- Autodesk certification OR 1+ year of on-the-job experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit required.
- Experience using basic functions of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook), AutoCAD, and Revit required.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record insurable by our firm’s insurance carrier required.
What benefits are offered?
A flexible work schedule (1/2 days on Friday!), customized training and professional development plan, paid vacation & sick leave, 401(k) with employer matching, paid sabbatical program, and company-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, & short/long-term disability.
Ready to join our Winning Team? Here’s how:
Complete our Application for Employment (indicate Requisition #R018.06.0013), print & sign it, then send it to us (with your resume and cover letter, if you wish) via e-mail, fax, or snail mail. If hired, you are required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. [Please note that no work authorization will be provided for this position.]
Job Type: Full-time