- Research Laboratory Experience
- Laboratory Experience
About Selleck Chemicals:
For more than ten years, Selleck Chemicals (Selleckchem) has been a leading supplier of high quality small molecule inhibitors, compound libraries and monoclonal antibodies for use in scientific research and drug discovery, based out of Houston. We offer over 100,000 compounds and 20 screening libraries targeting various cell signaling pathways from groundbreaking research to industrial and academic researchers worldwide.
Available Job Location: DMV area, PA
We currently have one opening for passionate Business Development Manager to cover the Mid-Atlantic territories. The BDM will be responsible for developing strong relationships with key contacts within the accounts, connecting with key decision makers, and generating sales reports. The main clients include the R&D laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotech companies and CROs.
- Identify and develop key accounts in the territory, plan and schedule face-to-face meetings and calls to current and potential customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Demonstrated use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating a value proposition and closing.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively within the inside sales, product development and marketing teams.
- Represent the company at local trade shows and conferences.
- Participate in sales meetings and prepare monthly territory status reports.
- Gather and review product market trends and competitive landscape to identify target markets and develop lead generation strategies
- Manage customer data in the company CRM.
- Set up, coordinate and host technical seminars at customers sites or in local regions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or related field. Advanced degree, preferred.
- Previous experience in the life science industry, a research lab environment or relevant experience.
- Ability to learn and sell technically complex products.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strengths in networking and relationship development.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings spanning one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development: 1 year (Preferred)