As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
As a Principal Application Security Engineer at Indeed, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding our applications and services from potential threats and vulnerabilities. You will provide technical leadership to a talented team of security professionals, providing guidance, and mentorship.
You’ll define our application security strategy and partner with security-friendly product and technology teams to incorporate security into the application development lifecycle. This is a great opportunity to anchor a growing team, work with top notch security and engineering teams, and apply your hard earned skills towards our mission of helping people find jobs and secure our global cloud-native environment which serves 200M unique visitors per month.
- Provide strategic technical leadership and vision for the Application Security team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security best practices into the development lifecycle.
- Promote diverse viewpoints and include all relevant parties in security practice improvements and decision-making.
Mentorship and Guidance:
- Guide, mentor, and support a diverse team of Application Security professionals.
- Encourage and empower team members from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Application Security Strategy:
- Identify and solve large-scale software security problems across Indeed.
- Propose strategic initiatives that align with improving our security posture and the company's goals.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats and trends and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Conduct security assessments, code reviews, and vulnerability assessments of strategically important applications.
- Collaborate with development teams to remediate systemic security vulnerabilities.
Inclusive Security Culture:
- Foster a culture of inclusivity in security, ensuring that diverse perspectives are heard and valued.
- Promote security awareness and best practices among all employees.
Security Tools and Technologies:
- Evaluate and implement the latest security tools and technologies to enhance our security posture.
- Stay current with advancements in the security field.
- Coordinate with other teams to mitigate security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 7+ years of security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains including Security Architecture, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, and Web Security with deep implementation experience in at least 2.
- Demonstrated experience with integrating security into the full security software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with APIs, Containers, Cloud Services, and internet-facing systems. Familiarity with a wide variety of security tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with an inclusive mindset. Ability to communicate complex security issues and risks in a clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Significant development experience (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- You possess advanced knowledge of application security principles, frameworks, and technologies such as OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25, NIST, etc.
Salary Range Transparency
- US Remote - 164,000 - 237,000 per year
- Austin, Metro Area 164,000 - 237,000 USD per year
- San Francisco Bay Area 212,000 - 308,000 USD per year
- Seattle Metro Area 200,000 - 290,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43350
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $164,000.00 - $237,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- How did you hear about this role?
- Information security: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote