PAE is actively seeking skilled and adventurous candidates to fill positions working at the heart of the diplomatic community at the U.S. Embassies in the world’s largest countries, Moscow, Russia and Beijing, China.
This program offers:
Work/life balance – Opportunity to See the World – New Beginnings – Tight Knit Community – Professional Growth – Long Term Stability – Exposure to New Cultures
If you thrive in a team-oriented workplace that challenges your skills, encourages camaraderie, and provides career advancement, join the PAE team today!
Benefits include, but are not limited to :
- 2-year Contract includes completion and extension bonuses
- 5 WEEKS Paid Leave each year, with paid transportation back to the States at the 1 year mark
- 10 US Holidays, up to 10 local Holidays off. (Time worked on this contract is the equivalent of working 10 months in a year)
- Ability to go Accompanied with spouse
- Tandem Couple opportunities (to include bonus)
- Free, fully furnished, personal housing includes utilities (except phone and Wi-Fi)
- Competitive benefits package
If the idea of a future international assignment sounds appealing to you, respond with your current resume ASAP! Have Questions? Check out our FAQs site --- https://www.pae.com/sites/default/files/Moscow-Beijing%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions-%20Final.pdf
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs maintenance and repair of Embassy electrical distribution system, standby electrical systems, motors, controls, and electrical service and low and medium voltage distribution under guidance of the American Electrical Shop Foreman.
- Repairs and maintains standby electrical power generation equipment, including all emergency power supply systems, automatic power transfer switches, operating control and alarm system, service and distribution systems including main and distribution switchboards, panelboard fuses and transformers, motor connections and controls including starters and motor control centers, lighting including incandescent, fluorescent, recessed, surface, weatherproof, vapor tight and underwater, dimmers, signal and fire alarm systems including pull stations, ionization smoke detectors, sprinkler flow switches, supervisory valve and control panels.
- Performs PM in accordance with schedules, operating procedures and equipment warranty. Performs a wide variety of routine electrical maintenance and repair functions of a general nature as required.
- Performs repair of components such as rectifiers, inverters, associated generating and distribution equipment. Analyzes malfunctions in electrical standby power systems, distribution systems, motor connections and controls by visual and auditory inspections and makes necessary adjustments and repairs. Repairs generators, starter motors, rectifiers, inverters, and associated generating and distribution equipment.
- Conducts tests of equipment using voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, continuity testers, frequency gauges, and infrared heat detectors. Tests circuits for proper connections and continuity. Adjusts components to ensure optimum operating efficiency.
- Maintains records of all work accomplished and parts used. Complies with all related published directives, work standards and technical publications.
- Performs installation and renovation of the electrical systems of on-compound apartments, and all offices and buildings in the Embassy compound. Installs and wires light fixtures, switches, wall outlets, junction boxes, circuit breakers, etc.
- Licensed journeyman electrician
- Minimum five years’ experience as a journeyman in maintenance of electrical equipment to include generator engine, switchgear, distribution systems, and general building electrical maintenance and repair. The experience must have included working from sketches, drawings, blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufactures’ operation and maintenance manuals.
- Three years minimum experience working with medium voltage equipment (601V to 100Kv). Experience to include work with automatic voltage regulators, medium voltage switchgear, SCADA (or equivalent) systems and transformers, licensing by NETA preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements including US Citizenship.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must meet medical clearance requirements
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55,000.00 to $59,000.00 /year
- journeyman electrician: 4 years (Required)
- medium voltage equipment (601V to 100Kv): 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Journeyman Electrician (Required)