The Customer Service Representative performs clerical and receptionist duties.
- Screens incoming client calls.
- Refers clients to other agencies from the referral list provided.
- Researches available community resources for referral.
- Routes calls to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Responds to inquiries concerning program and effectively communicates same.
- Enters data in the Texas Web, Texas Attorney General's Child Support Enforcement System (TXCSES OAG) and JWEB.
- Updates customer locate/employment information.
- Provides scanning of documents.
- Assists with file room duties.
- Performs programmatic duties to enforce child support and possession.
- Records incoming calls.
- Accesses the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), State of Texas, and Justice Information System (JIMS) screens.
- Uses cross-reference systems, etc. to fulfill records retrieval requests from investigative and attorney staff.
- Opens private, probation, and Focus on Collection and Support (FOCAS) program case files in the Domestic Relations Office mainframe.
- Serves as floater in the office for all divisions and multiple positions providing receptionist, secretarial and administrative duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must take and pass the HRRM "Clerical Skills Test" and score a minimum of 85% with a typing speed of 35 w.p.m. with 85% accuracy
See General Information
tab below for test instructions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Four (4) years of full-time paid customer service, receptionist, data entry, secretarial or child support experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows and Windows 2000/XP.
- Strong communication and telephone skills.
- Good research and filing skills.
Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use
any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Experience handling multi-line phones.
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. / Monday - Friday
Online testing is available for this position. Click on the link below and follow the online instructions for testing.
- Commensurate With Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.