Primary Location-United States-Illinois-Chicago
About Discovery USA
Discovery USA is a healthcare communications agency dedicated to improving health and transforming lives. Our interdisciplinary approach brings together experts from a wide variety of backgrounds, including strategy, creative, scientific, advocacy, and performance management. Although we come from different disciplines, four core qualities unite us all. A foundation in deep science. A commitment to creative storytelling. An aptitude for building meaningful relationships. And a shared passion for the work we do and the difference we make. We call these four qualities the Discovery USA DNA, and they thread through everything we do.
The Discovery USA Advocacy team focuses on providing nontraditional ways to engage with communities that use and influence the use of healthcare products, and on engaging in collaborative endeavors to address unmet needs and support all partners’ goals. Tactics may include live meetings, advocacy tools, educational resources, internal/external stakeholder trainings, strategic plans, and many others. Throughout, the team continuously monitors the highly dynamic political, regulatory, legislative, medical, social, and economic landscapes to ensure that all advocacy initiatives remain internally and externally relevant.
The Project Coordinator role is responsible for supporting project execution and advocacy client/stakeholder relationships, basic landscape monitoring and research, and executing administrative tasks for internal and external processes—including legal submissions, routing materials through the agency, processing invoices, operations support, and data entry.
- Finances: Supports development and maintenance of clients’ budgets; understands the connection between work effort, hours spent and budget; familiarity with and adherence to agency financial and operating procedures and policies. Organizes budgets, invoices, other financial measures; begins to develop, analyze and review individual and overall budgets
- Execution: Assists with the creation of project estimates and project plans via a cross-capability collaborative approach
- Solution oriented. Resourceful. Knows when to alert management to an issue
- Process: Understanding of agency organization and process. Ensures projects flow through the agency correctly in a timely manner. Utilizes cross functional team members for knowledge and experience
- Technology: Continuously learning technology including internal and external systems; basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Basic knowledge of clients’ therapeutic category(s), audiences, and related advocacy issues
- Basic understanding of advocacy account’s strategic drivers and competitors
- Basic research skills; able to locate information on advocacy landscape and therapeutic areas as required. Ability to effectively yet concisely communicate research results
- Supports cultivation of relationships between agency, client, and a diverse group of advocacy stakeholders at the national, regional, and local level
Tactics and Execution
- Assists with execution of project-based advocacy tactics
- Initial development of communications and internal materials such as briefs and timelines as needed
- Record keeping: Keeps accurate and organized records of estimates and estimate revisions.
- Contributes to accurate and thorough documentation: status reports, timelines, agendas, etc
- Creative: Supports creative brief development and relationships with cross functional teams
Client & Advocacy Stakeholder Relationships
- Supports general client and advocacy stakeholder relationships
- Relationship: Intermittent contact with key client and stakeholders via email as needed
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong writing skills for professional correspondence
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and think creatively and strategically
- Exhibits integrity and trust
- Self-starter; exhibits self-development and independence
- Highly organized
- Clear communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Able thrive in fast paced work environment with frequent changes in project scope and workload
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated interest in advocacy or healthcare communications environment preferred
- Agency experience a plus
- Advocacy and policy experience is a plus
- Non-profit experience is a plus
About Publicis Health
Publicis Health is the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications. Publicis Health’s mission is to be the indispensable force for health and wellness business transformation through the alchemy of creativity and technology—for good.
With more than 5,000 employees around the world, Publicis Health manages 18 agency brands through 40 offices located in seven countries. Publicis Health brands include Digitas Health, Discovery USA, Heartbeat, in-sync, Langland, Maxcess Managed Markets, Payer Sciences, PDI, PlowShare Group, Publicis Health Media, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute, Publicis Touchpoint Solutions, Razorfish Health, Real Science, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, Tardis Medical Consultancy, and Verilogue.
www.publicishealth.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/publicishealth
Not all applicants will be contacted. Publicis Health is an equal opportunity employer. No vendor/agency solicitation please.