Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Provide value-added, independent and objective risk-based internal audit assurance for BB&T Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Serve as auditor-in-charge by:
a. assuming responsibility for audit project management.
b. planning, scoping and developing the audit test plan.
c. organizing and using resources effectively to complete assignments within budget.
d. documenting processes using narratives, flowcharts and process maps.
e. analyzing process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
f. making appropriate recommendations and reporting the results of audits.
g. addressing material issues with senior management.
2. Serve as advisor to management by:
a. developing an understanding of the business strategies of BB&T, each line of business and the specific area or process under review.
b. gaining knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which BB&T operates.
c. conferring with management on the establishment of internal controls, monitoring techniques and risk management.
d. advocating incorporation of risk management in the implementation of new systems, processes and changes to existing systems and procedures.
3. Provide support to external auditors and bank examiners as assigned. Responsible for more involved assignments and for ensuring prompt and efficient completion of their examination.
4. Continue developing internal audit skills. Pursue continuing education and professional certification. Keep abreast of current trends, new developments and best practices in the audit profession. Monitor current trends and new technologies as they apply. Assist in the training and cross training of junior team members to ensure adequate audit coverage.
5. Consistently deliver the perfect client experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent education and related experience
2. Two years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area of responsibility
3. Understanding of risk management and process concepts
4. Demonstrates an understanding of banking and auditing
5. Good decision-making skills
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills
7. Good working knowledge of standard software applications such as MS Office
8. Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or facilitation skills
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
List any desired skills or competencies needed to perform the Essential Responsibilities of the job. Please use numbers to separate each distinct desired skill.
1. Possess appropriate professional certification or be a certification candidate