- Carry out experiments as instructed by Principle Investigator (PI). Assist with experimental procedures involving tissue or cell cultures, preparing reagents and solutions, and making direct experimental measurements.
- Perform techniques and assist with experiments specific to lab and in accordance with direction from individual PI.
- Gather, organize, and record data. Perform simple analysis of results. May assist with library and/or electronic research. Incorporate new protocols and methodology into work as directed by PI and/or senior lab staff.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education Preferred: Bachelors Degree Experience Required: None Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related field.
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures and word processing
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- High standards of integrity
Basic Computer Skills
Supervisory Responsibilities No
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? Yes
Physical Demands Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Repetitive Motions
Working Conditions Lighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Irregular Hours
Open Date 05/21/2018
Special Instructions to Applicants