FreeWire Technologies is seeking a Senior Mechanical Designer to join our team. At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles, construction sites, film sets, and more. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it's needed. Our hardware includes an industrial IoT device with integrated sensors and onboard control systems. It is connected to a cloud-based analytics platform and remote-controlled through our customer-facing mobile and web apps. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors for our Series A, is increasing product development cycles, and growing rapidly.
Responsible for the detail design and drafting of mechanical components and assemblies used in advanced electro-mechanical applications.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Designs and develops products, components, processes, and systems using broad engineering concepts and research techniques.
- Documents design specifications.
- Uses product and customer applications knowledge to determine, define, develop, and validate design concepts and methods.
- May facilitate transition of product design and enhancements to full production/delivery.
- Designs, develops, executes, and evaluates validation testing and product specifications.
- Interfaces with engineers, providing CAD design from product inception to released fabrication drawings.
- Assists in product bill of materials (BOM) construction.
- Provides support of material procurement by interfacing with suppliers/fabricators.
- Provides support of existing product designs through the production cycle by incorporating engineering change orders (ECO).
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other design disciplines as well as manufacturing to create design solutions that address often-conflicting requirements.
- Must be creative, open-minded, a good communicator, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Ability to logically address, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize projects and manage priorities.
- Acute attention to detail and deadlines.
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- Education – A.A. degree in drafting/design or equivalent training/experience.
- Experience – 8 years of design and drafting experience.
- Proficient in use of Solidworks 3D CAD software and Pro E.
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5.
- Advanced knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Broad scope product design knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods
- Pre-employment background checks are standard.
Job Type: Full-time
- drafting: 8 years (Preferred)