Job Title: Procurement Specialist/Buyer
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Elkay Plastics is searching for an experienced Procurement Specialist/Buyer who will be able to process purchasing requisitions, turn those requisitions into purchase orders, track import and domestic orders, and perform analytics and update metrics. This position will be responsible for maintaining purchase order tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued, answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in Imports and Domestic sourced products and is strong understanding of import regulations, ocean shipping, domestic transportation, and supply chain management concepts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders
- Work with the Inventory and Operations management teams to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
- Assist the Procurement Manager with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
- Establish reliable lines of contact with field management team to ensure that all field purchase orders are accurate
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to mesh supplier & customer requirements, and system capabilities to drive improvements into operational processes (order management, inventory, receiving and shipping).
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, presentation, issues management).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: