MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT/ADMINISTRATIVE - UNCPN REX FAMILY PRACTICE KNIGHTDALE-OFF003K6
The essential duties and responsibilities of aMedical Office Assistant/Administrativeincludes:
- Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
- Receiving and greeting patients and visitors
- Answering the telephone, directing calls appropriately, and providing accurate and complete information
- Performing computerized scheduling of appointments, generation of schedules, reports and forms, and other related computer functions
- Initiating telephone/facsimile communication to confirm appointments, and to obtain and communicate referral authorizations
- Processing the patient's financial information which includes obtaining/up-dating their insurance information, coding visits using ICD-9 and CPT codes, entering charges for their office/hospital visits, balancing receipts for the day and month, and responding to any questions related to billing
- Preparing, maintaining and processing the patient's medical records, and numbering and filing any loose correspondences
- Processing in-coming and out-going mailand delivering it to the appropriate people
- Managing and caring for the required resources which includes supplies, equipment and the facility
- Providingback up and/or support for other administrative medical office assistants
Other duties may be assigned.
Candidate is required to have a High School Diploma or GED.
It is preferred that the candidate have a certification from an accredited medical administrative assisting program (CMAA) and have previous experience in a medical office.
United States-North Carolina-Knightdale
UPN1-60210-UNCPN Rex Fam Prac Knightdale