What You Will Do:
Paid Internship Opportunity in the Decision Support/Performance Improvement Departments – Summer 2020
Our approximately 10-week paid Summer Internship Program (May – August) in Towson, MD allows college students to experience a business environment in the world of healthcare. We invite you to share in our mission of providing loving service and compassionate care to the community we serve. Come spend your summer in a powerful but incredibly rewarding educational environment to sharpen your skills as a Finance/ Business Management/ Healthcare Management student.
During your time as an intern, you will acquire Finance/ Business Management/ Healthcare Management experience, sharpen your leadership skills, work on real-world challenges, and work with exceptional leaders who want you to succeed. You will also have the opportunity to network with managers, executives & physicians, and participate in social events.
From figuring it out to getting it done. Are you up for this extraordinary challenge to launch your career in healthcare? If so, then this is the internship opportunity for you!
At St. Joseph Medical Center, the Finance Intern will:
- Establish an understanding of hospital decision support through various projects on cost of care analysis and productivity management.
- Support the Director of Internal Controls/ Performance Improvement through various audit related projects that will enhance the intern’s understanding of hospital business processes.
- Gain an understanding of the Medical Group through working on various projects throughout this division.
- Have the opportunity to work with various staff throughout the organization and to shadow clinical areas in the hospital to gain understanding of hospital operations.
- Identify opportunities that add value and are more efficient.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Review cost of care for clinical service lines.
- Create analyses to support month-end cost review.
- Support the Finance department in various year-end processing functions.
- Work with the Director of Internal Controls/ Performance Improvement on audit related projects.
- Gain understanding of the Medical Group division by working on revenue cycle trending, physician practice acquisition modeling, and population health analysis.
- Present final recommendations on how to best approach the opportunity.
- Current undergraduate or graduate degree student in a program pursuing a degree in Finance, Business Management, or Healthcare Management preferred.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Understanding of basic Microsoft Office functions (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to investigate complex issues and conduct root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Don’t delay, apply for this amazing internship opportunity today!
- Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled starting in December 2019.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.