GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
DAY SHIFT MONDAY - FRIDAY
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Healthplex Campus
Overview of position:
Provides professional nursing care through appropriate medical triage and education via the telephone to address customer’s health concerns. Works independently with minimal supervision. Manages bed requests for admissions and transfers expediently to assure proper placement based on patient care needs.
Use symptoms based protocols to assess significant data in order to evaluate and classify the urgency of symptoms and advise patients on options for referral and/or intervention at the time of call.
Provides patient teaching or facilitates its occurrence through referral or health information resources discussed to insure patient knowledge.
Conduct outbound calls to follow up on patient compliance with the recommended plan in order to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
Demonstrates the knowledge, skill and ability to schedule after hours procedures for departments and also notify the appropriate staff when emergencies occur.
Manages all bed requests, balancing supply and demand, appropriate patient placement based on care requirements, expedites admissions and discharges, reduces internal transfers and reduces barriers to unnecessary delays.
Manages all interfacility transfer calls by facilitating transfer once medical acceptance is established.
Documents all telephone inquiries in the telephonic nursing computer system at the time of the call.
Performs other functions as assigned.
BSN or ADN with current RN license in the state of Ohio.
Minimum of four (4) years RN nursing experience.
Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills with a pleasant telephone voice to facilitate telephone-nursing intervention.
Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to enhance customer’s understanding.
Ability to use the nursing process for problem solving of customers health questions/concerns.
Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computer software, including programs such as Word, Excel, etc.
Demonstrated excellence in typing skills to include word processing at 25 WPM.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No routine exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- But may perform unplanned tasks with possible exposure.
- Works in an office environment.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds to waist level.
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.