***To finish the application process, text "Hello" to 650-297-8805***
Join a fast growing start-up on the ground floor and find your place in AllyO. Work with AI technology delivered on a SaaS platform running in the public cloud to change recruiting for large enterprises. This job will provide the right candidate the opportunity to build out a world-class product.
AllyO is a leading AI technology company that transforms recruiting through intelligent automation for a superior experience for both candidates and hiring teams. Founded by Google and MIT engineers, our investors include Google, Bain Capital, Cervian Ventures and Randstad.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll join the engineering team and will be instrumental in designing and building back-end system in collaboration with the team. We are looking for someone that is passionate about building simple and highly maintainable solutions for complex problems.
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build chatbot systems
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Working independently to tackle difficult problems and implement timely solutions
- Communicating effectively within and across teams during design discussions
- Providing guidance for less experienced engineers
- 5+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch on a strong engineering team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field (M.S. a plus)
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Strong understanding of modern back-end service Python ecosystem frameworks: Django, Celery , Docker, Redis
- Experience with ORM , SQL database, MySQL
- APIs: REST/JSON, SOAP/XML
- Experience with AWS, Docker
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. Remove technical roadblocks by identifying areas of complexity and suggesting architectural improvements that increase performance and lower risk.
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- AWS: 3 years (Required)
- Django ORM: 3 years (Preferred)
- Celery, Redis: 3 years (Preferred)
- Python: 5 years (Required)