Gift of Life Institute is an international training center for organ and tissue donation professionals and offers traditional classroom trainings and a variety of distance learning opportunities. The Institute is also home to the Transplant Pregnancy Registry International, an ongoing research study focused on the effects of pregnancy on transplant recipients and the effects of medications on fertility and pregnancy outcomes.
This is an excellent internship opportunity for a student majoring in a college level Public Relations or Marketing program to support Gift of Life Institute Communication and Fund Development initiatives.
· Support TPR research and write grant LOIs, proposals and acknowledgments for various foundations and organizations in conjunction with senior research coordinator
· Update and write copy for websites (Institute and TPR)
· Interview supporters/clients via phone or in person to develop stories for various campaigns and communications (Institute and TPR)
· Build, maintain and grow a sustainable communications plan for TPR to include bi-annual newsletter that would in turn feed a blog and weekly social media posts
· Review current Institute communications plan and help build, maintain and grow sustainable plan to enhance quarterly newsletters, blogs and weekly social media posts (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
· Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes necessary to achieve accuracy and clarity
· Support various administrative tasks and writing assignments as assigned by Director
Applicants should have superior written and oral communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, keen attention to detail, a strong interest and knowledge of strategic social media use, experience working in a professional office environment; qualified candidates will demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy; will act in a courteous, positive and responsive manner; will possess the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Generally works 8:30am – 5:00pm three (3) days per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workplace.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Only full-time employees eligible