We are looking for an organized, efficient Accounting Assistant with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. Professional and courteous with strong computer skills and a thorough understanding of accounting and financial principles. A skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management, computer, and communication skills. Candidates should understand and abide by all accounting procedures and principles and have a commitment to behaving ethically in the workplace.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.
- Recording payments, processing, and filing forms.
- Updating accounts, researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma is required.
- Either accounting specific education or accounting specific experience is required but both are generally preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with MSOffice and Sage (Peachtree) accounting software a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be willing to comply with all company, local, state, and federal financial regulations.
- Must be able to pass a basic background test.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules