The Technical Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise for development and support of Web based Contact center applications on Java and Cloud technologies. This person will support mission critical systems and project delivery that directly impacts business success. Application areas span diverse technical domains, UNIX, Midrange, middleware, Avaya IVR and Oracle. This individual will also work directly with many vendor technical engineers.
- Maintain expertise in functions, processes and systems supporting Synchrony Credit Card’s Operations and Collections platforms
- Lead the AGILE team of developers for end to end implementation of projects and application support
- Lead onsite diagnosis and resolution of IT related issues using the standard diagnostic tools and techniques
- Work with Business, PMO and relevant IT teams to implement solutions for cloud, Micro-services and voice projects
- Drive root cause analysis and ensure consistently high availability for the business to ensure they meet their objectives
- Review SDLC artifacts and provide input for IT requirements, estimates, design, code and release plans
- Develop and implement best practices for SDLC
- Identify new opportunities to drive system improvements and simplifications
- Ensure compliance with security, compliance, architecture, and technology standards
- Work with infrastructure and business teams to support planned maintenance activities
- Work with vulnerability management to ensure application and system vulnerabilities are being addressed
- Ensure systems and applications are current through LCM and upgrade activities
- Perform design and code reviews
- Learn and implement a wide range of technologies that integrate solutions with customers
- Transition solutions to internal and external platform teams
- Prioritize and juggle between multiple projects based on customer needs
- Communicate with customers as required
- Willing to work flexible shifts
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field and minimum 3 years of IT experience; OR in lieu of degree High School Diploma or GED and minimum 6 years of IT experience
- 2+ years as a senior Java and/or Spring Boot Developer
- 2+ years’ experience as a Lead Engineer
- Experience with SDLC processes (waterfall and Agile) and release management processes
- Advanced knowledge of the Object-Oriented principles and best practices of software development to enhance products and customer experience
- Experience with DevOPs
- Experience developing or integrating automated test tools
- Strong business acumen
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability and passion about quality of work, desire to learn and take ownership
- Good working experience on Cloud technologies (preferably in Pivotal Cloud Foundry), Micro-services, DevOps, IVR, AWS, GCP and Azure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence clients, team members, management and external groups
- Demonstrated experience working on all phases of complex work
- Proven experience working within a large matrix environment and within a large team
- Previous Consumer Finance experience or other credit card processing experience
- Experience with ASR, Voice Technologies, and IVR development platforms
- Knowledge of NLU/NLP
- Experience in MVC frameworks
- Interest in data collection and analytics
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/OSX
- Deep understanding of the principles of IVR Voice User Interface design
- Familiarity with IVA Intent and Response engines
- Experience with Joco, BitBucket (Git), Junit, HP Fortify, Splunk, Pivotal Cloud Foundation, Sonar Lint, Strategy Manager, MySQL, Mongo DB, and Postgres
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group: