Full Job Description
United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10879747
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
04/11/2022 - 04/18/2022
SR CHANGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
475 LENFANT PLZ SW
WASHINGTON, DC 20260-0004
TITLE: SR CHANGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
GRADE: EAS - 25
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 0201-0280
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday
HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.
SALARY RANGE: 100,460.00 - 116,760.00 USD Annually
FINANCE NUMBER: 102029
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies.
We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer
contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Drives cultural and behavioral changes across a diverse workforce by utilizing change management processes and tools.
Consults with leadership on organizational strategies and project implementations to ensure a people-focused approach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Applies change management methodologies to complex cross-functional projects, with a focus on collaborating with
business owners and key stakeholders to implement large-scale changes across the organization.
2. Develops and implements concurrent long and short-term change management strategies to determine change readiness,
barrier points, and define the activities needed to drive adoption and related behavior changes.
3. Builds, manages, and executes change management plans to facilitate the implementation of analysis, communication,
training, and adoption activities for large-scale human resources programs and initiatives focused on recruitment, hiring, and
4. Leads change management team members in a matrixed work environment on cross-functional projects; delegates
assignments, monitors performance and progress, and provides continued guidance, training, and feedback.
5. Develops training materials (e.g., course curriculum, facilitator guides, other support materials) leveraging proven
methodologies (e.g., ADDIE, SAM) and various modalities to aid employees in the adoption of new behaviors and skills.
6. Consults regularly with leadership and customers from various backgrounds and areas of responsibility to provide
guidance and recommendations regarding key strategies and project implementations.
7. Leads the development and facilitation of training to build awareness of change management process, tools and
techniques to increase awareness of its organizational value.
8. Partners with Labor Relations, Legal, and Law departments to ensure adherence to all laws, policies and procedures that
apply to USPS.
Manager, Change Management
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. Knowledge of Human Capital Management with a focus on recruitment, hiring, and talent acquisition.
2. Skill using software applications and other project management tools to manage multiple large-scale change management
projects and activities.
3. 3 years of experience developing and presenting change management strategies to executives, (including
communications, engagement, measurement, training, and adoption) for large organizational changes.
4. Ability to develop and execute plans for multiple change management initiatives focused on analysis, engagement,
communication, training, adoption, and resistance management activities.
5. Ability to develop training content and materials utilizing proven methodologies (e.g., ADDIE, SAM, backward design) and
leveraging multiple delivery methods (e.g., instructor led, classroom, virtual) to aid employees in the adoption of new
behaviors and skills.
6. Ability to develop and facilitate training to increase change management awareness and capabilities throughout the
7. Ability to consult with executive leadership to provide change management guidance and recommendations for key
8. Ability to establish partnerships, build buy-in, and nurture relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional business
leaders to facilitate large-scale interventions and change management strategies.
9. Ability to manage teams by providing coaching, feedback, and guidance in the planning, organization, and coordination of
change management activities.
**Reimbursement of relocation expenses will be authorized**
**This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned**
This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are
You will receive two email confirmations:
1. An email confirming your profile is complete.
2. After submitting your application you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully
For information, please contact Chydea Faulkner at Talent@usps.gov.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.