Treva is a supplement staffing company that partners with local companies on temporary placements and/or direct hires. We have been dedicated to our community since 2009. Our culture is to ensure our candidates and clients feel welcome and comfortable with our services. We are here to find the right position for the right person.
Treva Corporation is currently seeking full-time Interim Director Ambulatory Surgery Center (8 hour day shift) for a well-known hospital in Richland, Washington. This is a 13 week contract with a high possibility of extension. Must have at least 2 years of experience and available to start ASAP. Great pay!
Under the general direction of the VP PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, remains responsible for overall leadership, direction, and management of Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) including safety, practices of professional nursing, quality, operations, department planning and development, employee development, and evaluation of services; Remains responsibleforPersonnel management, budgeting, reimbursement issues, patient care management, regulatory requirements compliance, provider satisfaction, and continuous quality improvement; Uses lean based principles to build systems and workflows to achieve safety, quality and patient satisfaction principles.
Leadership position only. Will not take call or scrub in on cases.
The job duties listed are essential functions of the position.However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position.
The caregiver must be sufficiently fluent in the English language to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position.The degree of fluency required will vary depending upon the nature of the position.
Caregivers are expected to honor the Mission, Values, Vision and Promise and adhere to the Code of Conduct, policies and standards of their organization.
For direct patient care roles:
Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Embraces the Planetree Philosophy to provide a safe, comfortable, therapeutic patient-centered environment.
- Demonstrates diplomacy, excellent follow-through and a visible management style.
- Provides shared leadership practices through engaging teams to share responsibilities and accountability for continuous, ongoing system assessment, evaluation and improvements.
- Supports culture of caring reliable to ensure highest level of patient safety.
- Coordinates and takes leadership role in strategic planning activities for assigned areas.
- Provides evidence of ongoing performance improvement activities that will affect safety, operational (process) efficiency, staffing effectiveness and market share tactics.
- Assists with Patient Safety Initiatives specific to operational area and the organization.
- Provides nursing leadership for assigned department and ongoing caregivers educational development.
- Remains aware of and assures compliance with regulatory agency standards and accrediting requirements, including those of AORN and APIC.
- Assures the standard of patient care and clinical practice is of the highest quality.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on personnel issues including completing requisitions, interviewing, hiring, and following hospital policy on constructive counseling and progressive discipline.
- Ensures appropriate staff competencies are maintained (licensure, certification, orientation, mandatory training continuing education).
- Effectively utilizes caregivers through developing staffing schedules which meet the needs of the department, provides optimum patient care and are cost effective.
- Provides input to the development and implementation of new surgeries or procedures to increase and maintain patient volume and satisfaction.
- Leads clinic performance improvement activities to ensure the development and implementation of processes that support quality patient care and effective work performance.
- Improves patient safety by developing workflows and documentation guidelines that optimize the use of the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Performs periodic chart reviews in order to guarantee clinical standards for performance are met and documentation is worthy of legal scrutiny.
- Manages the surgery/procedure schedule to ensure optimal patient access.
- Promotes high levels of satisfaction with patients, providers and caregivers, by proactively addressing concerns through meaningful measures and interventions. Develops and nurtures in caregivers a sense of shared ownership of patient satisfaction.
- Ensures effective, ongoing caregiver recruitment and retention through collaborative efforts with leadership, clinic caregivers and human resources. Continually offers insights into improvement within this function.
- Oversees the selection and supervision of caregivers according to organizational policies, procedures and protocols. Initiates/implements corrective actions as required. Ensures all caregivers are in compliance with applicable licensure, training and accreditation standards.
- Acts as a liaison between Clinic Leadership and clinic providers and caregivers by proactively communicating with all parties.
- Collaborates with Billing Office regarding all revenue cycle management functions. Ensures accurate and timely billing functions are handled within the ASC.
- Oversees fiscal and budgetary guidelines and standards for ASC. Ensures all financial standards are achieved and meet established productivity targets.
- Develops and monitors ASC budget.
- Investigates and reports variances and makes recommendations for operational improvements.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Active ACLS required - Must be American Heart Association
- Active BLS required - must be American Heart Association
- Active WA state RN license required
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited school of nursing required
- Min 5 years recent OR/Surgical Center experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of management, leadership and supervision.
- Knowledge of lean and process improvement methods and theories.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations governing patient care in an ambulatory surgery center facility; knowledge of related Joint Commission and DOH standards, knowledge of related Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of patient/staffing ratio requirements and knowledge of scheduling techniques.
- Knowledge of operating room equipment and products.
- Knowledge of data collection, analysis, trending and monitoring.
- Knowledge of hospital operations, including revenue cycle.
- Knowledge of interviewing, selection, orienting and scheduling techniques applicable to professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare procedures, practices and techniques.
- Ability to direct and work with others in a fair, consistent and respectful manner.
- Ability to effectively manage assigned departments and to directly supervise employees.
- Ability to interpret and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, related federal and state laws and regulations, medical center policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written communications.
- Ability to use effective interpersonal skills; such as tact, patience and courtesy.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and resolve patient/departmental issues, concerns and deficiencies.
- Ability to coordinate the department functions with other departments.
- Ability to work confidentially with discretion.
- Ability to support caregivers and facilitate success within the department, as well as foster and nurture relationships with the Medical staff, hospital and community.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations and to meet schedules and time lines.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to be flexible in the changing healthcare environment.
- Ability to willingly accept responsibility.
- Includes computer, copy machines, telephone, fax and other standard office equipment, audio-visual equipment, basic technical equipment used by service/specialty.
Email yourupdated resumetoday and start working with Treva where you are supporting a locally own Michigan business. We may be a small business, but we provide BIG results. Treva is not about the bottom dollar and just producing numbers. We care about building a relationship with our clients and job seekers. We offer competitive pay and dont create barriers when you want to hire on directly with the contracted company. Once you submit your resume you will be contacted by an experienced, local, and dedicated Recruiter. We guarantee you wont be disappointed!
Inspired People.Powerful Results!!!