Position Summary: Performs a variety of complex patient care and administrative activities, which may include laboratory and radiology tests, to assist the medical team, patients and staff. Assists in the delivery of physician led primary health management and coordinated patient centered care. Provides clinical training to other staff.
- Performs a variety of patient care and administrative activities to assist providers.
- Assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
- Participates in team huddles or other established team communication. Determine the patient’s health education needs at huddles and provider visits.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by taking the patient’s history and vital signs
- Instructs patient in basic testing requirements (i.e PFTs, clean catch urines, and finger sticks)
- Liaison with other multi-disciplinary team members to insure efficient patient navigation of services.
- Maintains availability and readiness of all equipment and supplies in assigned area.
- Evaluates clinical outcomes by reviewing clinical decision support tool on a regular basis and takes action per established primary team goals.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments according to policy and procedure manual and/or as instructed
- Cleans up exam and treatment and rooms after patient encounter
- Set up for sterile procedures
- Enters vital signs into the patient’s chart
- Maintains and restock every exam room as needed
- Perform all in-house labs and procedures
- Performs routine blood draws in the office
- Performs patient interviews as it pertains to the reason for the patient’s visit
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician
- Directs medication reconciliation with patients
- Maintains timely flow of patients
- Assists with clinical procedures done by providers in the office as needed
- Performs IV starts once phlebotomy class is passed
- Performs medication administration upon completion of the medication test
- Triages phone calls as necessary
- Assess the patient’s medical condition and determines if pt needs to be seen by a provider
- Responds to patient messages and prescription refills
- Participates in new patient orientation
- Addresses patient phone calls in a timely and efficient manner, forwarding to the provider when necessary
- Gives advice to patients over the phone when appropriate, or forward to provider to obtain the answer and call patient back.
- Assists with chronic care management
- Reviews and verifies normal lab results
- Provides education to patients utilizing educational materials and addressing chronic conditions and health maintenance.
- Coordinates counseling when necessary for patients
- Assists with training new clinical staff members based upon their job description
- Participates in QA activities
- Other relevant tasks and duties as assigned that are reasonably consistent with the above
Basic Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Maintains effective communication between management, providers, staff and patients
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Adherence to office specific policy and procedures
- Must maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in an efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to learn specific job-related software applications and other company supported computer applications
- Experience with EMR applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office Products
- Basic email and internet skills required
- Knowledge of primary care office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment procedures.
- Ability to react in emergent situations
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with all OSHA and Safety guidelines.
- Education: An LPN or RN degree, graduate from an accredited college
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a medical office practice or hospital setting. Experience in primary care practice preferred
- Certificate/License: A current and unencumberedLicensed Practical Nurse/ Registered Nurse license, current CPR/BLS required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The working conditions and physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job requires full range of motion and manual hand-eye coordination in addition to finger dexterity. It may require extended periods of sitting, data entry; frequently requires standing and walking; assistance with patient transfers as needed. Attention to detail and prompt, consistent attendance required; may occasionally require lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Reliable transportation is required. Requires corrected vision and hearing of normal levels. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working hours consist of 40 hours per week but may occasionally require more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- LPN/RN (Preferred)
- BLS, ACLS (Preferred)