****Please read very carefully*****
We are looking to hire 10 individuals for an Amazon Delivery Driver position. This individual can expect to work between 30-40 hours a week.
****What we are looking for****
1. Individuals who will show up to work on time for every scheduled shift. If you frequently “call out” of work, this job is not for you.
2. Motivated individuals who strive to be the best they can be at their job while aiming to continually improve their delivery metrics with each passing shift.
3. Individuals who are team players and have a positive attitude!
****If any of the above qualifications describes you, then we would love to have you for an in person interview!*****
Diversified Courier Services is hiring Delivery Drivers for our Residential & Commercial Delivery Contract with Amazon. The Delivery Driver will be responsible for making Amazon deliveries to homes, apartments, and businesses within the greater Raleigh- Durham area. Drivers will drive Mercedes Benz Sprinter vans and be required to perform 190-250+ deliveries in a day depending on the route. The Driver's position is the most important position within the company.
Must be at least 21 to apply
This job is for motivated individuals. As a delivery driver you will have to move quickly from the van to the delivery location and back on every delivery.
If you are selected for this position:
- Work 7 - 10 hours per shift, (We operate 7 days a week, 361 days a year)
If you feel this position is right for you, please read on...
Duties / Typical Days agenda:
- Arrive at our distribution facility by the required time to receive your van assignment based on the weekly schedule
- Attend the morning stand up meeting discussing problems and issues for the day
- Receive your route assignment and the company provided Smartphone/GPS device
- Perform a Pre-trip vehicle inspection thoroughly checking the van for damage.
- Deliver up to 250+ packages on your route. (Smartphone/GPS device has the complete route pre-determined along with delivery estimates for each delivery) in exactly the manner that our client requires
- Follow all delivery instructions as directed by customer (when in doubt, follow company procedures)
- Possibly help another driver as directed
- Return van to station after refueling it for the next day (company will provide a fuel card)
- Remove all trash & debris from van
- Return Smartphone/GPS scanner device and keys; debrief with manager
- Perform post trip inspection noting any required maintenance items
Qualifications and Skills
- Clear driving record check. (Motor Vehicle Record check will be performed)
- Clean background (Criminal background check will be performed)
- Clean drug test
- No misdemeanors or felonies for past 7 years
- Must be physically able to handle the walking, lifting, bending and stooping required to perform this job;
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs without assistance.
- Cannot have any physical restrictions on lifting, bending, stooping, turning or squatting.
- Must be able to work at a quick and even pace:
- Delivering up to 250+ packages a day
- Being on your feet up to 10 hours per day while walking 3-4 miles per day
- Climb in and out of a van 100+ times a day.
- Must be a safe driver and observe all traffic rules and company safety policies
- Must treat everyone with respect and vehicles as their own
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a Smartphone/GPS device with scanner
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- DOT Medical Card (Preferred)
- CDL Class B (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Delivery Location Type:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma