OAUSA is seeking a full time, Medical Assistant with great patient service skills. The candidate must possess the ability to work in a team environment within a multi- specialty, high volume practice. Experience with electronic health records is preferred.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES : Maintains the back office practice for the physician including the flow of patients during clinic and administrative/clerical duties associated with the job. Dispenses durable medical equipment, such as braces and crutches. Dispenses medication, as well as call medication in to pharmacies. May escort patients to exam rooms; obtain complete history, chief complaint, medications and assists physician in rooms. Triages phone calls and takes messages appropriately. Applies casts and splints as necessary. Dispenses medications and DME as necessary. The MA may be responsible for obtaining the patients history of injury and translate this information accurately to the provider verbally and in writing when necessary. May also be responsible for entering all this history into the patient’s electronic health record within 24 hours, and then leave the encounter in “Review” for the provider to sign off and close the encounter.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Operations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; lift 50 pounds or more; climb or balance; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS-COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
1. Knowledge of medical/surgical office procedures including nursing care, assessment, sterile technique, medical terminology and infection control; observance of OSHA rules and requirements.
2. Knowledge of correct usage of CPT, ICD-10 codes and accurate coding of charge tickets.
3. Ability to use computer software such as Word, AthenaHealth, Allscripts, PACS and Outlook.
4. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction.
5. Knowledge of basic nursing principles; excellent medical assisting skills.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, employees, and the physicians.
7. Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
8. Accurate refilling of medications.
9. Proper chart documentation.
10. Competent in application of casts and splints to physician satisfaction.
11. Excellent Attendance.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: